Friday, December 14, 2012

Holiday Events



The overeating holidays begin with Halloween, go right through Gary's birthday into Thanksgiving and then Christmas.



We attended The Forgotten Carols as a kick-off to the Christmas season.  This has been going on for years; the first time we saw it being when the kids were in college. 

.
This package turned out to be a great birthday gift on a great weekend. 


This was our first year attending the annual Sunnyside Christmas lighted implement parade with Melora's and Ron's families.  There were 67 entries and it was amazing.



The Disney tree and train was completely assembled by skillfull grandchildren as usual.


Here's just a sample of the Christmas cheer in our little home...pretty much the same each year.



I personally had a wonderful and out-of-the-ordinary experience this year.  A friend from the ward asked me if I was interested in joining the Stake Relief Society Christmas Choir which is an annual event in Kennewick.  We decided to give it a try and soon discovered we were driving 40 minutes to Kennewick each Thursday for 12 weeks to learn this beautiful (and some original) Christmas music to sing by heart in December.  After about 5 weeks of this driving back and forth we both admitted that we weren't sure this was going to be worth it, so we decided to make it a matter of thought and prayer whether or not to continue.  As I began to do so it came to me very strongly to continue and it would be worth it.  It was!  We had wonderful experiences during rehearsals and the performance.  I have sung in some choirs in my life but never one this professional and uplifting.  I'm so thankful for the experience!


Here's our choir on the night of the performance.  There I am in the second row...with MY OWN REAL HAIR...which I am also grateful for after wearing wigs for a year.

I repent of being lax in picture taking for awhile and embarrassed by the fact that I did have some Thanksgiving and other photos which I accidently deleted off my camera!  More holiday fun is coming for sure.  I so love the decorations and the music and the gifting!!

No comments: